The aim of counselling and psychotherapy is to create a confidential, non-judgemental place for you to think and talk about your difficulties freely
A difficult decision?
Sometimes, deciding to go to a counsellor or psychotherapist can be a difficult step. Some people feel a sense of failure if they haven’t been able to sort out their problems by themselves. Others may find the idea of counsellling or psychotherapy daunting. Therefore, it may help you to know a bit more about how therapy works and how I work to assist people in understanding and dealing with their emotional problems. I hope this website will answer some of your questions, and help you decide whether counselling or psychotherapy is for you.
Can I help?
I am a professionally qualified, experienced counsellor offering counselling for a wide range of emotional problems and issues. My consulting room is conveniently located in Esher, Surrey.
The aim of counselling and psychotherapy is to create a confidential, non-judgemental place for you to think and talk about your difficulties freely. By understanding more about yourself and by developing a greater self awareness, it may be possible for you to find different ways of coping with painful situations and feelings. This, in turn, may help you to make different choices in your life.
Some of the problems I may be able to help with:
- Depression and post-natal depression
- Redundancy and workplace stress
- Feelings of stress and anxiety
- A lack of confidence or self-esteem
- Feelings of emptiness or loss of sense of self
- Difficulties with starting, sustaining or finishing relationships
- Coming to terms with loss
- Eating difficulties such as anorexia and bulimia
- Family worries, conflicts and crises
- Sexual dysfunction and sexual identity problems
- Anger issues
- The effects of serious physical or long-term illness
- Understanding yourself better
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me by telephone or you can e-mail by using the form below and we can discus your personal needs or arrange an initial consultation.
All enquiries are treated in confidence.